|David C. Rubie
Tel. +49 921 553711
Fax +49 921 553769
Accretion and core formation in terrestrial planets
Experimental mineralogy and mineral physics at high pressures
Kinetics and mechanisms of mineral reactions
Mechanisms of solid-state deformation
Dynamics of subduction and the origin of deep earthquakes
- 1973 Postgraduate Certificate in Education, University College of North Wales, Bangor, UK.
- Ph.d. 1972 (Geology) University of Leicester, Leicester, U.K.
- B.Sc. 1967 (Geology) University of Manchester, Manchester, U.K.
- 2009-present: Research Professor, Bayerisches Geoinstitut, University of Bayreuth, Germany
- 1995-1999 and 2002-2006: Director, Bayerisches Geoinstitut, University of Bayreuth, Germany.
- 1993-2009: C4 Professor, Bayerisches Geoinstitut, University of Bayreuth, Germany.
- 1988-1993: Research Scientist, Bayerisches Geoinstitut, University of Bayreuth, Germany.
- 5/87-9/87: Visiting Scientist, Tokyo University and Okayama University, Japan.
- 1985-1988: Senior Research Fellow, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK.
- 1983-1984: Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Bern, Switzerland.
- 1980-1983: Postdoctoral Research Associate, ETH, Zürich, Switzerland.
- 1976-1980: Associate Professor, American College of Switzerland, Leysin, Switzerland.
- 1974-1976: Assistant Lecturer, University College of North Wales, Bangor, UK.
- 1973-1974: Instructor, Plas-y-Brenin National Mountaineering Centre, North Wales, UK.
- 1971: Research Associate, Dept. of Geology and Geophysics, University of Edinburgh, UK.
- Abraham-Gottlob-Werner Medal, German Mineralogical Society
- Schlumberger Award 2008, Mineralogical Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Fellow of the American Geophysical Union, 1999
- Fellow of the Mineralogical Society of America, 1996
- Editorial Board member, Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, 2010-present
Publications since 2006
European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant 2012-2017
"Accretion and Early Differentiation of the Earth and Terrestrial Planets" (ACCRETE)